Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thanksgiving Week 2

Tuesday's Schedule -

Book - The Turkey with the Terrible Temper
http://family-home-fun.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-turkey-with-terrible-temper.html
Printed this out from the website.  The kids really like this book, we can talk about colors, tempers, how to control our temper, and being nice.

Math - Color the Turkey's Feathers
I printed a picture of a turkey and wrote numbers on its feathers.  The little kids rolled one dice and had to find the number they rolled and color it in.  The big kids rolled two dice added the two numbers together and then found that number and colored it in.  I was going to have them go until the first person colored all their feathers but that was taking too long and they were losing interest so after a certain amount of rolls who ever had the most feathers colored won.

Phonics - Match Feathers
I had printed out feathers on different colored paper and on them I wrote lower case letters.  We used my upper case magnet letters to match to the lower case feathers.

Art - Thankful Turkey
I had cut up a paper towel roll into four pieces.  Then glued eyes and beak onto it.  The kids cut out feathers to put on their turkey.  After they cut out the feathers they thought of things they are thankful for and we wrote it on there then put them on our turkey.

Movement  - Parachute
We got the parachute out and played with it.  I put my feathers on it and had them try to get all the feathers off as fast as they could.  Then of course we had to go underneath and play.


Thursday's Schedule -

Book - The Turkey with the Terrible Temper
They named things they were tankful for.

Math - Find the Turkey
I had leaves already cut out with numbers on them 1-20.  I hid a picture of a turkey under one of the leaves.  The kids had to guess what leaf it was under.  They pointed to the leaf and named the number on it.  I then turned it over if the turkey was there then they found it, if not we kept guessing.

Phonics - Letter or Gobble
I put my feathers with letters on it in a basket.  I also put in pictures of turkeys.  The kids reached in the basket without looking and pulled out a piece of paper.  If they pulled out a feather the named the letter (the older kids thought of a word that started with that letter) and if it was a turkey they had to get up and gobble.  Of course they loved the gobbling.

Art - Thankful Wreath
We traced their hands and then cut them out.  The kids glued the hand cut outs to a circle cut out of cardboard.  After they finished they thought of things they are thankful for and we wrote them on their wreath.

Movement - Turkey Pokey
Just like the hokey pokey but with turkey parts, like wing, drumstick, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment