Thursday, October 30, 2014

Leaves/Halloween Week 4

Tuesday's Schedule

Books - The Lie Monster
I found a cute story with a monster cut out to go along with it here - http://mormonmommyblogs.com/2013/04/family-home-evening-lesson-about-honesty.html
It was good to talk about lying and what could happen if we keep lying and choosing bad choices.

Math  - Monster Eyes
I cut out monster shapes in different colors of construction paper.  Got google eyes that were sticky so no glue needed.  The kids pulled a piece of paper out that had a number on it.  The younger kids pulled one number and added eyes to the monster of the number they got.  The older kids pulled two numbers and added them together and then added that number of eyes to their monster.  They really liked doing this.  I only put numbers 1-5.

Phonics - Ghost Hunt
Before preschool I cut out ghost and wrote CVC words on them.  Then taped them all over a couple rooms upstairs.  I gave each kid a flash light and we went on a ghost hunt.  Each took a turn finding a ghost and we all shined our light on it.  The younger kids told me the letter it started with and the older kids read the word.  This was a ton of fun.  Hints that would make it better for next time, give them time to run around and be silly with the flash lights before hand so they get that out.

Art - Mummies
On black paper I traced a shape of a body out with white crayon.  I put pieces of masking tape hanging from the table next to each kid.  I gave them scissors to cut pieces of the tape and then put it on their mummy.  After they covered their mummy I cut out the body shape to make the mummy.  We had a couple extra google eyes so we added that to the mummies as well.  They turned out super cute.

Movement - Mummy Wrap
I got toilet paper out and let the kids wrap each other up.  I put a big mixing spoon through the roll so they can hold onto that and walk around.  Makes it so it doesn't tare as easily.  This was a big hit.  But the best part of it was taring it off of themselves and then playing in the toilet paper on the floor.


Thursday's Schedule

We got together with our friends and had a Halloween party.  And it was a blast!
I have to give a huge shout out to Kathryn for letting us have the party at her house, for being so amazing, and fun.  It was such a good idea and we all had so much fun playing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment