Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Week 3

Tuesday's Schedule -

Book - The Penguin Who Couldn't Fly 

Math - Christmas Tree Walk
I printed ten christmas trees out and wrote numbers 1-10 on them.  I laid them on a circle and they walked around while the music played and stopped when the music stopped.  The number they landed on is the number they had to tell me.  We then also danced around and placed the Christmas trees all over the room.  When the music stopped I shouted out a number and they all had to run to that number and put a foot on it.

Phonics - Gingerbread Man Letters
I traced a gingerbread man on brown paper.  I then wrote letters on the gingerbread man in places that frosting would be (eyes, mouth, buttons, feet, and arms).  For the older kids I wrote lowercase letters and for the younger kids I wrote uppercase letters.  I then wrote uppercase letters on round white circle stickers.  The kids had to find the match and place it on the gingerbread man.  So older had to match lower to upper and younger kids had to just match the letters.
Art - Wreaths
I gave the kids a piece of green paper and had them cut it into small pieces.  After that they glued the green pieces to a circle I cut out of cardboard.  Making sure to cover every bit of the brown circle.  Then at the end we added a red bow and red puffy paint to make hollies.  I love how they turned out.

Movement - Ice Cream Trip
The kids have been getting stickers each preschool depending on their behavior.  They filled up their chart so I promised to take them to Blueberries.  So we ventured out together and got some yummy treats.

Thursday's Schedule

Book - Tooth Trouble

Math - How Many Candy Canes?
I bought a couple boxes on candy canes.  The kids had to guess how many candy canes it would take to be as tall as each other.  This was a tough concept to understand, but once they got it.  They loved guessing and then measuring to find out.  Their favorite part was measuring how many candy canes tall I was.

Phonics - Snowball Letter Toss
I have a mat with letters on it and pictures around the outside that start with each letter.  The kids took turns throwing snowballs (cotton balls) and had to name the letter they landed on.  The older kids helped us find the picture that started with that letter.

Art - Gingerbread Men
I bought a gingerbread kit that had gingerbread men, icing, and candy to decorate.

Movement - Cars in Snow
We got shaving cream out and called it snow.  They each grabbed some toy cars and drove the cars through the snow.  A huge hit!

This is my last day of preschool for a while.  I will miss it but excited to have another baby and will eventually get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment