Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas

Tuesday's Schedule

I have a friend every year that puts together gingerbread house making, she builds the houses, gathers candy, and makes frosting.  So I thought that would be a fun preschool day.

And it was fun!

Thursday's Schedule

Book - The Penguin the Wanted to Fly

Math - Roll a Gingerbread Man
I used this template of a gingerbread man - http://moneysavingmom.com/2010/12/educational-freebies-christmas-preschool-printables.html and gave each part a number 1-6.  They had to roll the numbers to make their gingerbread man.

Phonics - Catch a Gingerbread Man
I printed gingerbread men, wrote letter on each one and a few with cvc words (for the older boys).  I gave each kid a spatula or kitchen utensil to catch the cooking gingerbread men.  They had to use their spatula to pick one up and then name the letter or read the word.

Art - Christmas Ornament Sun Catcher
I cut out circles to look like ornaments and placed them on contact paper.  The kids placed pieces of tissue paper to the ornament.  Then I placed another layer of contact paper on top to keep it in and hung ours in the window.

Movement - Gingerbread Man Hunt
This was a huge hit and my kids have been begging to do it again and again.  Before hand I wrote out hints and placed them in envelope of where the gingerbread man was running to.  I placed the hints throughout the house and also a gingerbread man at the last location with treats.  Finally he got tired of running and they found him with treats.  It was cute to watch them get super excited about the clue and where to find the gingerbread man.

No comments:

Post a Comment