Saturday, October 11, 2014

Leaves/Halloween

Tuesday's Schedule -

Book - The Biggest Pumpkin Surprise

Math - Leaf Toss
I cut out leaves and wrote numbers on them.  On the count of three we threw them in the air and tried to catch as many as we could.  They had to name the number on the leaves they caught.  At the end I yelled out a number and they had to find the leaf as fast as they could till all the leaves were picked up off the floor.

Phonics - Leaf Matching
I had cut out leaves with lower case letters on it (a-z).  They had uppercase magnets that they had to match to the leaf.

Art - Leaf Rubbing
We went outside and got three leaves.  Came in and placed them under paper then colored with crayon all over the paper.  This was a little hard for them to cover the whole paper but with some help they did it and thought it was super cool that they could see the leaf afterwards.

Movement - Zoo trip
I had planned to go play in the leaves but decided to do a zoo trip instead, and boy was that fun.


Thursday's Schedule -

Book - A Squirrel Tale...

Math - Roll and Say
I printed out a paper with different leaves on it.  I then wrote numbers on the leaves (1-10).  The kids went and found a pinecone to use.  We rolled the pinecone on the paper and what ever number it landed on they had to name.  We did this until all the numbers had been named.

Phonics - Tree Letter Leaves
I printed an outline of a tree for each kid.  I then wrote upper case letters on the tree (I thought doing all 26 would take too long so I only used letters that look different when they are lower case).  I then printed small leaves on colored paper and wrote lower case letters on them to match the upper case letters on the tree.  They had to glue the leaves onto the tree, matching the upper case to the lower case.

Art - Hand Tree
I traced the kids hands and had them color it in with brown marker.  I then got out paint colors of leaves we would see in fall (yellow, orange, red, green) and q tips.  They made the tree have colorful leaves by dipping the q tip in paint and then on the paper.

Movement - Leaf Soup
We went outside with scissors and bowls.  I told the kids any leaves or grass on the ground they were available to cut up and put in their bowl to make some leaf soup.  They really got into this and it was great scissor practice for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment