Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gratitude Week 2

Monday's Schedule - I am Thankful for my Body

Book -  Hand Hand Fingers Thumb

Alphabet - Lower/Upper Case Match
I found cute matching alphabet cut outs that they kids could match.  I laid all the lower cases letters on the floor and one at a time we picked an upper case letter they told me what it was a what sound it made.  Then one kid at a time would find the lower case match.  Here is where I got the cut outs - http://www.2teachingmommies.com/2011/08/my-body.html

Movement - Just Dance
We talked about different ways we can take care of our bodies.  Exercise being one of them.  I let them know that we can get up, move, and get our hearts going.  One way (that is my favorite way) is dancing.  So we put in Just Dance found some simple kidish songs and danced to them.  We had so so so much fun!

Arts/Craft - Trace Bodies
Each kid laid down and I traced their body.  Then we talked the different parts of our body (mostly face) that we could add to the picture.  They drew the faces in and then colored clothes on them.  It went great.  They LOVED tracing their bodies and adding the features.

Game - Simon Says
This was there first time playing and had a hard time understanding that they only move when Simon says.  But did pretty good for the first time and quite enjoyed the game.

Wednesday's Schedule - Field Trip to the Kids Museum
A fun field trip!  And a great place.  I am sure we will be going back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment