Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall/Halloween Week 2

Monday's Schedule

Book - Caps for Sale (realizing I don't have many Fall books)

Movement - Leaf Sorting
I found a cute leaf size sorting activity online at www.homeschoolcreations.com.  I laid the words small, medium, and large on the floor.  They had different size leaves that they had to determine if they were small, medium, or large.  They had to place the size leafs under the words.

Alphabet - Apple Pick
I found pictures of apples online and printed 26 of them.  I then wrote lower and upper case letters on each leaf.  Beforehand I taped each leaf to the tree we had out front.  I gave each kid a basket and they got to go pick the apples from the tree.  When we were finished picking we went over what letter apples they picked.  The kids really liked this one.

Arts/Craft -  Handprint Tree
One at a time (the others were looking at books) I painted the kids hands and they made prints to make a tree.  I think they turned out real cute and the kids loved the fact that I painted their hands.  They were really good at waiting their turns as well.

Game - Sorting
I found a sorting leaves and apples online at www.homeschoolcreations.com.  I cut out the apples and leaves before and they glued them to were they should go.  A fun activity.

Wednesday's Schedule

Book - No book because we had a field trip!

Movement - Corn Maze
We spent the morning at the corn maze wondering around and exploring.  It was a lot of fun!

Numbers - Counting Candy Corn
On a piece if paper Kathryn put numbers the kids had to count that many candy corns and put them on that number.

Arts/Craft - Ghost
Kathryn cut out card stock of a ghost before hand and had the kids glue cotton balls to the ghost Also put on eyes and a mouth after gluing the cotton balls.

Game - Hi-Ho Cherry-O
A good game to work on counting, fine motor skills, and taking turns.


No comments:

Post a Comment