Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall/Halloween Week 4

Mondays Schedule -

Book - Shapes Shapes Shapes (realizing I don't have any halloween books)
The kids raised their hands when they found shapes in the pictures on each page.  They really liked the book and having to find the shapes.

Movement - Hammering Pumpkin
I had a pumpkin set up for the kids to hammer nails into.  I decided we should take turns hammering nails (with a plastic hammer).  I also had goggles that i thought would be fun for the kids and funny for me that the kids could wear if they wanted and of course they wanted to.  They waited so patiently as we took turns.  They really liked it.  And at the end it made for a cute decoration!


Numbers - Pumpkin Hunt
I hid pictures of pumpkins around the room that had numbers on them.  I told the kids i needed help hunting for my pumpkins but need to find them in order.  So we started at 1 and went to 10 until they found them all.

Arts/Craft - Stamping
I cut out some potato stamps and also used cookie cutters.  The kids put them in paint and then stamped them on paper.

Game - Pumpkin Walk
I laid the same pumpkins I hid around the room on the floor in a circle.  Each started on a pumpkin.  When I turned on the music they walked on the pumpkins in a circle until the music stopped.  When they stopped they had to tell me what number was on the pumpkin they were standing on.  They loved this activity!

Wednesdays Schedule -

Book - How the Monster Lost His Mean.  
This is my new favorite book about how a monster lost his Monster friends because he was mean but gained great little kid friend which made him happy. We talked about being nice to our friends.

Movement - Feed the Monster
They kids used straws to blow candy into the monsters mouth.  They really enjoyed this activity.

Alphabet - Magic Potion
Each got a pile of magnetic letters. I had cups of vinegar and spoons with food coloring the same as the letters hiding under baking soda. They took turn mixing the baking soda/food coloring mixture into the vinegar to discover which color it had on it. They watched the reaction and then had to find their magnets of that color and match them on the cookie sheet with the alphabet on it.

Arts/Craft - Monster Puppets
Using brown paper sacks the kids glues on different shapes to make a monster.

Game - Roll the Dice
Rolled a color on the dice and then did what the card of that color said. Great at learning to enforcing how to take turns. Also good for following directions and simple steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment