Monday, January 20, 2014

Transportation - Week Two

Monday's Schedule -

Book - Let's Go, Trucks

Movement - Boats and Water
I was hoping to find some cheap boats I could buy but could not find any.  So I went through my stuff and found rubber duckies that were on a boat, train, and car.  So we used those in water and measuring cups to fill and dump.  They could have played in the water for hours.

Alphabet - Beginning Sounds
I found a cute worksheet that had a picture of transportation and you circle or make the letter it starts with - http://www.themeasuredmom.com/transportation-worksheets-for-preschool-20-free-pages-of-literacy-and-math/.  However I ran  out of ink so I could not print it.  So we went with plan B.  We named different transportation and then they helped me name the sound it starts with.  Then I would write that letter on my white board (lower and upper case) and they would do the same thing.  This was really good for them.  We need to work more on letter sounds.

Arts/Crafts - Boats
I cut the bottom of cereal boxes off and covered it with white paper.  Then added a flag to it.  I let the boys color with markers their boats.  They really liked this.  Next time I should let them do stickers too.

Game - Ramp
I got a big piece of wood out and we drove our cars down it.  First we talked about if it will go slow or fast depending on if I rise it up or lower it.  Then after that we raced or cars down and different cars to see which car was the fastest.  The boys LOVED this so much and begged to do it again the next day.

Wednesday's Schedule - 

Book - The Little Engine that Could

Movement - Building Roads
We got our wood blocks out and built roads for our cars to drive on and tunnels for them to drive under.

Numbers  - Worksheet
I found a transportation packet full of wonderful worksheets for the kids. http://www.themeasuredmom.com/transportation-worksheets-for-preschool-20-free-pages-of-literacy-and-math/.  The boys had to count the number of cars/boats/buses/bikes and then match that a number.  They did real well at this.

Art/Crafts - Coloring Pages
I found some cool car coloring pages at Walmart. And let the boys color away.

Game - Pattern Worksheet
On the same website I found a worksheet where they had to finish the pattern.  They needed a lot of assistance on this and I realized we have not talked much about patterns yet and need to focus on that a little more. http://www.themeasuredmom.com/transportation-worksheets-for-preschool-20-free-pages-of-literacy-and-math/

No comments:

Post a Comment