Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter

Monday's Schedule -

Book - Five Little Ducks

Movement - Bunny Hop
I wrote each kids name on an egg.  I hid their egg and they had to find the egg and hop back like a bunny.  They really enjoy hide and find games.

Alphabet - Egg Matching
I took plastic eggs wrote uppercase letters on the top half and lower case letters on the bottom half.  The had to make the eggs and put them together.  and then name the sound once it was put together.  Putting the eggs together was hard for them but good fine motor practice.

Numbers - Find the Basket
I had 8 baskets (don't ask why I have so many I am not sure why) and put numbers in the basket.  I hid eggs with numbers on them.  They had to find the egg and then match it to the basket.

Art/Craft - Stripped Eggs
I cut out stirs of different colors and patterns of paper.  I had them glue them onto a piece of paper and fill the whole thing.  Then I glued on a white piece of paper with an egg cut out of the center so the egg looked stripped.  It turned out really cute:)

Game - Egg and Spoon Race
I decorated hard boiled eggs with my kids the night before so we used those.  Each kid had a spoon and had to race holding the spoon with an egg on it.  This was difficult and really fun.  They wanted to play for ever.

Wednesdays Schedule -

Book - Fluffy Animals

Movement - Piñata
I bought a Easter egg piñata and filled it with candy.  The kids took turns swinging at the piñata until it opened.  Of course this was a big hit!

Numbers - Egg or Bunny
I printed pictures of Easter eggs and wrote numbers on them and then printed pictures of bunnies.  I cut them out and put into a basket.  They grabbed piece of paper out and either had to name the number on the egg or hop like a bunny if they pulled out the bunny.  They loved pulling out the bunnies.

Rhyming - Which Rhymes?
We are just introducing this to them.  I printed pictures of different objects that rhymed.  Then hid that into eggs and hid them.  They found the eggs, opened then and then we worked together to match the pictures that rhyme.  This was a great introduction to rhyming.

Art/Craft - Potato Stamp
I cut potatoes in half and then cut strips, criss-cross, polka dots, and zig-zags out of the potato to look like decorated Easter eggs.  They dipped the potatoes in paint and stamped them onto paper.

Game - Egg Roll
Each took a plastic egg and we went to my drive way.  One the count of three they would roll the egg and see who's egg got to the bottom first.  They loved this game and even though it started to rain they insisted on playing longer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment