Saturday, September 27, 2014

Apple/Farm Week 4

Tuesday's Schedule -

Book - Snappy Animal Sounds
This book talks about and makes the different animal sounds on a farm.  After reading the book we talked about what each animals helps with on the farm.

Math - Farm Animal Race
I printed a picture of three different farm animals on a piece of paper and then three barns on another piece of paper.  Then I connected the animal to the barn with game board squares.  I gave each kid a small animal to match the animal on the paper.  They rolled two dice, added the dots together, and moved their animal on the game board towards the barn.  Who ever got to the barn first won.

Phonics - Apple Matching
I printed 26 apples wrote the upper and lower case of each letter.  Then cut the apples in half.  They took turns matching the upper case to the lower case.

Art - Tractor Painting
I got some tractors out.  We talked about why they might use tractors on a farm.  Then painted with the tractors.

Movement - Build a Farm
We got the legos out and each built a barn for farm animals.  Then I got my plastic farm animals out and let them play with the animals and barn.  The boys kept wanting to build new barns, bigger and better than the last.

Thursday's Schedule -

Pear Picking Field Trip
I found a cute little farm in Vashon Island that has u-pick pears.  I was hoping to find apple picking but it is still too early in the season.  We took the ferry over and had fun picking and trying asian pears.  Very fun field trip.  We also walked around the farm and looked at all the plants and food they had growing.


No comments:

Post a Comment