Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bugs Week One

Book - Bug Safari

Movement - Bug Spray
I colored bugs onto a white garbage bag with waterproof markers.  Then hung it up outside.  I let the kids have spray bottles and spray the bugs off.  This was a lot of fun and they thought it was so cool to watch the bugs spray off and the colors mix together.

Learning - Get the Bugs Off
I printed out pictures of bugs and put letters on them.  I then taped them all over myself and told the kids I needed help getting the bugs off of me.  They took a bug of and named the letter and its sound. They thought this was silly.  And they wanted to have the bugs on them so we took turns but bugs ion each other and then taking them off.

Learning - Colorful Bug
I printed a picture of a beetle and put numbers on its shell.  The kids took turns rolling two dice.  They had to count all the dots and then find that number on the bug.  When they found the number they used daubers to mark the number.  We played until they colored the whole bug.

Art/Craft - Rock Bugs
We went outside to find each kid a rock.  We cleaned them in the sink and then painted them.  After painting we glued eyes on and I was planning to let them cut and glue pipe cleaners but realized I was all out.  So we called them our rock slugs:)

Game - Ants in Pants
Always a fun game to get out.




Book - Diary of a Worm

Movement - Bug Hunt
I got bug nets and magnifying glasses for each kid and we went in our back yard to find as many bugs as we can.  This was so fun.  We found bugs but the most exciting thing was we found a frog.

Learning - Bug Matching
I printed out pictures of 16 spiders and on the opposite side I wrote words on them.  The took turns picking to spider and I read the words.  They had to tell me whether it matched or not.  They got to keep the spiders if it rhymed.  We did this until all the spiders were gone.

Learning - Save the Flies
I put tape up to look like a spider web.  I printed pictures of flies and put them on the web.  On the back of the flies I wrote numbers.  They had to pull the flies of and name the number before the spider ate them.  We are starting to recognize numbers above 10 now.

Art/Craft - Bugged Out Hat
The kids glued and colored pieces of the hat.
Really easy and the kids loved them.  They wore them the rest of the day.

Game - Cooties
This game takes a little while so they struggled with finishing but enjoyed it for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment