Friday, May 23, 2014

Bugs Week Two

Book - Diary of Worms

Movement - Spider Web
We sat in a circle and would throw the ball of yarn to someone and kept doing that until we made a spider web.

Learning - Bug Sound Matching
I printed pictures of different bugs.  Then laid my letter magnets out.   They picked a picture out of a basket and had to match the bugs beginning sound with the letter.  (Ant - A)

Learning - Get the Bugs off (numbers)
I printed out bugs and put numbers on them.  They took turns taking the bug off of me and naming the number.  We then put bugs on them and they had to name the numbers to get them off.  We have started working on naming numbers 10-20 this week.

Art/Craft - Fly Swatter Painting
This is one of my favorite art project we have done.  They loved swatting the paper with paint and it turned out pretty cute.  This should be done outside.  Put different color of paint on paper plates and then and piece of paper on the floor.  Let them have a fly swatter and swatting away they go.

Game - Guess Who
This game is great to get them to explain and describe objects.  The Guess Who game we have is objects not people.  Its a hard concept for them to know what to ask but they had fun.


Book - The Busy Bug

Movement - Bug Action Cards
I found the cards on this website http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2011/08/i-is-for-insects-mommy-school.html.  The kids really liked acting like bugs as we played a few times.

Learning - Swat the Bug
I laid out my letters on the floor and told the kids they were letter bugs.  I would call out a letter sound and they had to find the letter that makes that sound and swat it with a fly swatter.  They loved doing this.  They love the fly swatter.

Learning - Bug Spray
I drew bugs on the sidewalk and put numbers on them.  I would call out a number and they would spray that number with water as fast as they could.  They love using spray bottles.

Art/Craft - Painting with Bugs
I have plastic little bugs I let the kids dip in paint and pretend to crawl over paper.

Game - Matching
I got a matching game out.  Always good to practice taking turns and winning and losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment